Surfing is a water sport in which a person rides a surfboard on the surface of breaking ocean waves. Surfers paddle out to the lineup, catch a wave, and ride it to shore while performing maneuvers and tricks. It’s both a recreational activity and a professional sport with a strong culture and community!
Surf lessons are a great way for beginners to safely and effectively learn the fundamentals of surfing
- Instructor Introduction: You’ll meet your surf instructor at a designated surf spot, on a beach with suitable waves for beginners.
- Safety Briefing: The instructor will provide safety instructions, including how to handle the surfboard, proper positioning, and what to do if caught in a rip current.
- Equipment: You’ll be provided with a soft surfboard, lycra, and a leash.
- Beach Instruction: Before getting in the water, the instructor will teach you basic techniques, such as paddling, getting on the board, and how to catch and ride a wave.
- Water Practice: You’ll enter the water and practice what you learned, often with the instructor’s guidance. The instructor will help you to position yourself to catch waves.
- Feedback and Tips: Throughout the lesson, your instructor will offer feedback and tips to improve your technique.
- Riding Waves: As you progress, you’ll try to catch and ride waves. The instructor may assist you in catching your first waves.
- End of Lesson: The lesson typically lasts 2 hours. You’ll return your equipment and have a debrief with the instructor, who may provide additional advice for your future surf sessions.
65 $US/ Hour
Group Of 2 People
110 $US/ Hour
Group of 3 People
135 $US/ Hour